Company Profile EXALOS
Since 2003 Exalos has shipped more than 250,000 SLEDs ranging from 405nm to 1600nm. The core Exalos technology comes from work done at the ETH in Zurich and our predecessor company, Optospeed., in the late 1990s.
- EXALOS is the leading SLED supplier to the Fiber Optic Gyroscope market for both Space and Land-based applications
- EXALOS has been a leading SLED supplier to the Optical Coherence Tomography market since the start of commercialization of this technology. EXALOS has worked with industry and academic leaders in the field to develop Swept Sources and Balanced Receivers for non-Ophthalmic OCT systems.
- EXALOS is the leading supplier to the SLED-based Current Sensor market.
Based on EXALOS’s early involvement in each of these markets, we are very familiar with the key technical and quality requirements for these applications.
EXALOS’ SLEDs have been qualified for Space and other Military Applications. These qualifications include testing in accordance with MIL-STD-883 and Telcordia. In addition to the standard qualification tests, EXALOS’s SLEDs have successfully passed Gama-Radiation testing.
INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS /TECHNOLOGIES
EXALOS has introduced several innovative products into the market:
- EXALOS offers the widest range of Visible SLEDs, including the world’s only BLUE SLEDs
- EXALOS offers the industries only SLED-based Transceivers for Fiber Optic Gyroscope and Current Sensing applications
- EXALOS was one of the first companies to offer commercially available Swept Source products to the OCT market
EXALOS’s outsourcing business model, similar of many key players in the microcircuit market, allows EXALOS to work with the Best-in-Class suppliers. By working with these ISO-certified Best-in-Class suppliers, EXALOS takes advantage of their experience and know-how as well as their economies of scale for raw materials. All critical manufacturing processes are dual sourced to ensure a reliable Supply Chain. In addition, outsourcing allows the EXALS team to concentrate on designing state-of-the-art chips and modules for our customers.
EXALOS’s core team members have been in the SLED market and related Optoelectronics fields for 10 to 25 years. Our team includes Engineers and Scientists from the Optoelectronic and Telecom fields as well as a Supply Chain with extensive experience in high-tech high volume industries. As EXALOS has been involved in the introduction of SLEDs into all of the key applications, we are very familiar with each of these markets and their challenges. In addition, EXALOS is continually collaborating with Researchers around the world for each of these markets so we are abreast of the latest developments and trends in the market.