EXALOS is the leading company in semiconductor-based broadband light sources for biomedical imaging, fiber optic sensing, or other high-tech applications, and is seeking for immediate hiring a part-time (80%) or full-time (100%):
Optical Development Engineer
to support the development and manufacturing of new light source prototypes and products based on micro-optical integration and automated sub-micron assembly on manufacturing robots. The successful candidate will work with process engineers or optical engineers and scientists to ensure the products are meeting best-in-class optical performance and can be built in larger volumes with high yield and reliability.
- Design of integrated semiconductor light sources based on micro-optical integration
- Collaboration with operators, process engineers and optical engineers to realize new proto-type light sources or to support manufacturing of existing products
- Design of free-space or fiber-optical passive optical components
- Definition of specifications of light sources and their components, creation of verification and qualification plans, processing and analysis of test or manufacturing data
- Execution of experiments to test components, optical concepts or to validate processes
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- The candidate must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Optical Engineering, Photonics, Laser Physics, or similar fields.
- She/He must be very hands-on and experienced with lasers, ideally semiconductor lasers, performing optical experiments independently and systematically with good measurement skills in the lab in order to demonstrate or validate concepts
- He/She must have a profound theoretical and practical understanding of beam collimation or focusing optics, free-space beam propagation and related beam profile measurements
- She/He should have experience in the design of free-space components or mechanical parts using 3D CAD design tools like SolidWorks, including tolerancing
- He/she should have highest English proficiency in writing and speakin
- Experience in dealing with electronics, including instruments like scopes or RF analyzers
- Knowledge and experience of LabVIEW or TestStand would be a plus
- Knowledge of Matlab, Python or similar scripting language would be a plus
- At least two years of experience in an industrial environment.
We offer a stimulating and exciting position in a highly motivated, talented, and international team of a growing and innovative high-tech company. If you are interested, please submit your applica-tion, including your personnel and educational details, to Jasmin Kiriyanthan at moc.s1656455715olaxe1656455715@rh1656455715.