The EXALOS swept-source OCT engine (EOE) is an integral system containing a swept source module, an FPGA-based data acquisition card in a commercial PC, and proprietary software that enables real-time OCT signal acquisition and processing at A-scan rates as high as 100 kHz. Because of FPGA-based signal processing, A-scans are generated with a deterministic latency and are streamed continuously to the host PC through a PCI-Express interface, allowing for video-rate B-scan imaging.
The OCT signal processing is based on k-clock signal acquisition, real-time phase unwrapping and an advanced linearization algorithm that achieves high-quality A-scans similar to off-line processing using spline interpolation.
Spectral windowing, dispersion compensation and background subtraction are performed in real-time and independently for forward and backward sweep. The display engine performs video-rate (>25 fps) displaying of A-scans (2,048 points per array) and B-scans (1024 A-scans per B-scan).
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Bio-medical Imaging
- Industrial metrology
- Optical Sensing
Our product list with all details & specifications can be accessed from the links in the table below.
- Fast OCT signal processing based on real-time k-space remapping at 40-100 kHz A-scan rate.
- Integrated compact OEM swept source
- Workstation computer MIDI tower
- 2-channel DAQ card (500 MS/s, 12-bit)
- On-board high-speed FPGA
- 2D scanner drive signals
- Display engine at >25 fps for A-scans
- Display engine at >25 fps for B-scans
- Real-time spectral windowing
- Real-time dispersion compensation
- Application programming interface
- Compact turn-key system