The EXALOS swept source (ESM) is a fiber-coupled laser engine capable of fast wavelength sweep operation (DC to 150 kHz) over wide spectral range. The heart of the ESM is a MEMS-based micro-optic swept laser module in a hermetically sealed 26-pin butterfly package.
Its resonant MEMS mirror provides low scan jitter and high phase stability. The compact and robust packaging enables high performance over broad-based field deployment.
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Bio-medical Imaging
- Industrial metrology
- Optical Sensing
Our product list with all details & specifications can be accessed from the links in the table below.
HIGH PERFORMANCE AND UNPRECEDENTED ACCURACY PLUS THE WIDEST WAVELENGTH RANGE ON THE MARKET
The EXALOS Swept Source technology is based on a longitudinal multi-mode external cavity laser architecture that is built with a resonant MEMS scanner, a high performance diffraction grating, an EXALOS broadband semicondutor gain chip and an automated hybrid optical assembly platform that EXALOS has developed over the past decade. The system allows an unprecedented alignment accuracy and the realization of complex optical assemblies like high-performance laser cavities.
The entire laser cavity is realized inside a miniaturized Swept Source optical module (SSOM) that is integrated with drive electronics in an ultra-compact 3.5” HDD format for either vertical or horizontal mounting inside a console or imaging system.
The LEGO© like assembly concept allows for rapid prototyping and for a high degree of custom swept sources in order to address a wide range of applications.
- Wavelength-flexible free-space external cavity laser architecture
- Widest wavelength selection: 840 nm, 1060 nm, 1220 nm, 1310 nm, 1550 nm. Other wavelengths upon request.
- Ultra-wide sweep range: 150 nm – 1310 nm; 200 nm – 1550 nm.
- Large variety of sweep rates: DC, 2 kHz, 20 kHz, 50 kHz, 100 kHz, 150 kHz. Other sweep rates upon request.
- High output power: up to 15 mW – 840 nm; up to 40 mW – 1310 nm.
- Long coherence lengths: 6 mm to 25 mm; depending on sweep and range.
- Compact OEM module in 3.5” HDD format.
- Analog k-clock output.
- Single-mode of PM fiber output.
- Remote control trough USB or digital & analog input signals.
- Maximum operating temperature range +5 °C to 40 °C.